Brunei International Airport
Modernisation of Passenger Terminal
Brunei Economic Development Board
Period of Service
2011 – 2017
CAI was appointed in September 2010 as the owner-advisor to the Brunei Economic Development Board (BEDB), the government agency responsible for the expansion and transformation of the airport.
The project’s objectives include doubling the airport’s capacity from 1.5 million to 3.0 million passengers per year, and to transform and present a modern image of the airport to passengers while expressing the unique culture of Brunei Darussalam.
An iconic building with a soaring arched roof was created to house the new departure and arrival halls, centralised security screening and immigration facilities, state-of-the-art airport systems, and a new baggage handling system.
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Conceptualise redevelopment proposals
- Advise on formulation of performance specifications
- Assist in tender procurement process
- Project management during design and construction