CAI works with partner airports to create efficient operations and a responsive environment for a best-in-class, stress-free travel experience.
Service Level Improvement and Capacity Enhancement Process
SOCHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
In June 2012, CAI invested in a group of four airports in southern Russia. One of these is Sochi International Airport, the host airport for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games.
CAI worked with the airport operating company to introduce a slew of operational initiatives to get the airport ready for the Games. These included the addition of ten passenger loading bridges, a new carpark with 700 lots and a temporary games terminal to handle the expected increase in passenger volume.
CAI also enhanced the way-finding system, implemented accessibility upgrades for Paralympic visitors and athletes, and refined operational processes and contingency planning.
In the Winter Olympic month of February 2014, Sochi International Airport handled more than 360,000 passengers, three times the volume in February 2013. Notwithstanding the stretched conditions, 90% of the flights were on time. The airport received numerous
commendations from dignitaries, athletes and visitors for its operational excellence and efficiency during the Games.
At the Airports Council International 2015 Airport Service Quality Awards, the airport garnered two awards: Best Airport by Region (Europe) and Best Airport by Size and Region (Europe).
- Airport Process Timing Measurement programme
- Terminal optimisation and enhancement
- Self-service master plan
- Way-finding system reviews and implementation
- Passenger and baggage flow evaluation
- Airport operations organisation structure review
- Airport Operations Control Centre planning
- Airport service quality performance management system
- Operational expenditure optimisation
- Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer (ORAT )
- Event management